Friday, January 29, 2016

つけめん むらさきたくみの (Tsukemen Murasaki Takumi Monzen nakacho)

Recently I have picked up some more part time hours, but more importantly, it was my birthday last week. Though I was working I managed to snag some noodles at a shop close to where I am working. Generally I like to save tsukemen (dipping noodles) for summer, but I noticed that these were curry noodles. Because of my new found lust for noodles combined with curry I decided to check out Tsukemen Murasaki Takumi in Monzen nakacho.

This shop has a well worn atmosphere with counter seating only. On a cold January evening I felt cozy while I waited for my curry tsukemen to be served. The staff member working was very friendly and tried his best to speak English. Of course I wanted the large noodles. Of course I wanted it hot! Because these noodles are super thick it took a little longer than I am used to for me to get my dish, so while I waited I took an inventory of the condiments: bonito, yuzu powder, hot chili pepper, regular pepper, and some kind of special tsukemen topping. Fantastic!

I was not disappointed. A beautiful thick curry was served topped with saffron and loaded with hokusai (napa cabbage) along with a separate bowl of Parmesan. Thick chewy tsukemen noodles complete with chashu, egg, and nori completed this round of a sublime noodle endeavor. I say sublime because no condiments were necessary and everything was cooked to perfection. I mean everything. Chasu practically fell apart in my mouth and check out this amazing egg:

5/5! Go to warm yourself up. I noticed this neighborhood also had a lot of cool looking places to drink, so it might be the perfect spot for a drunk noodle binge.





Map and link!




No comments:

Post a Comment