Friday, July 22, 2016

地球の中華そば (Hoshino Chuukasoba Isezaki Chojamachi)

This summer I am determined to try the top 10 ramen shops of Kanagawa as listed by tabelog. I have been to number 1 and number 4, but now it's time for number...5. 地球の中華そば  (Hoshino Chuukasoba) in Isezaki Chojamachi roughly translates to Earth of China. My thoughts are that soba is a noodle made of buckwheat and buckwheat comes from the ground. Regardless of the meaning it is number 5 and a must visit for me. If you go be prepared to wait in line. There was already one formed at 11:45 and they open for lunch at 11:30:




However the woman that helps manage the flow of the line is quite friendly and helped me navigate their machine to make sure I got what I really wanted: Tan Tan Men. I waited for my bowl while observing two quiet chefs in a relaxing atmosphere. Soothing music and slurping customers were the only sounds heard at Hoshino Chuukasoba. With a smile from the waitress my bowl was served:



The bowl itself is full of complex flavors starting with black and red pepper and ending in what I believe to be star anise. Not only was the broth a knockout, but so were the noodles, a thin buckwheat perfectly holding the ground meat and spices classic to Tan Tan Men. I have experienced mouth on fire Tan Tan and this is not one of them. It has a high level of spice but there is no numbness or dulling of the flavor due to heat. Finishing an excellent experience was a perfectly gelled and seasoned egg! I would like to return and try their take on shio, which looked equally as delicious. 5/5 


Tabelog and a map :D

No comments:

Post a Comment