Friday, February 6, 2015

ひょうり

This week's post is about Hyouri. I visited this location because I was at Tokyo Dome City's lights illumination:


It was magical. When researching this event I came across Hiyouri on Time Out Tokyo's website. It looked amazing so I decided to go. According to Time Out Tokyo this is an off shoot of a famous ramen shop in Ikebukuro. It did not disappoint and like most awesome ramen shops there was a slight line. My friend and I patiently waited with our tickets. A very enthusiastic ramen man came to show us to our table and seemed excited to practice his English with us. He wanted to make sure that I, the lady, had ordered the crazy large size. OF COURSE I DID!! And when it came out it was magnificent. Giant pieces of karaage (fried) chicken were piled along with grilled eggplant and beansprouts in a neat heap on top the ramen:


There was an option for super spicy, but I declined because sometimes I just want to taste the ramen and the broth instead of experiencing fire mouth. We were thrilled about the grilled eggplant, which is rarely to never seen in ramen. The broth itself was a mixture of regular ramen broth and a sauce (you can see it under the eggplant) which according to their site has "mega tang". A friend mentioned that I make a rating system and I think I will when I have time but this would definitely get 5/5 ramen bowls!

As promised here is a map of their location and a link <click click> their site:



5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment