Friday, February 13, 2015

四川麺条 香氣

This was a while ago ramen. Back on a chilly November afternoon I was feeling sick. I even skipped a hair appointment, but that didn't stop me from seeking out some of the spiciest ramen I have had to date. The friends whose neighborhood I was visitng suggested their favorite; "Cou-Ki". This shop had a few options for the level of spice, and like a dummy I chose the two chili option:

It certainly cleared out my sinuses and I felt as if the heat was actually helping me fight my cold. I do not recommend this option for the faint of tongue. They do offer a mild option, which I had when I returned and I thought it was much better. It is topped with a pinch of saffron and a really nice tahini. Their ramen is "tan tan" style, which is the Japanese interpretation of Szechuan style noodles (usually served with thinner noodles, chili, and ground pork). In fact, if you ask most Japanese people they will tell you that ramen is not a Japanese food, but rather it is Chinese. I think that the Japanese have done a great job reinventing ramen though! If I were to rate Cou-Ki I think I would give it 3.5 out of 5 bowls and that's mostly based on my noodle thickness bias. I prefer thicker noodles! However, the broth was flavorful and if you want a kick in the mouth you can order some spicy ramen here! The location I visited was in Gakugeidaigaku, but they have several other locations according to their website.

As promised here is a map to the location I visited:




3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment