Friday, May 15, 2015

俺流塩らーめん (Oreryushio Shibuya) AKA Drunk Ramen is Drunk Ramen

I have run out of a backlog!! But never fear, I still have a ramen report. However, the accuracy of said report should be taken with a grain of salt because my friends and I stumbled in while we were drunk last saturday at about 3 am. But this is one of the greatest treasures of Tokyo night life. When you are unable to take a train until nearly 5am to go home, you have the option to drunk walk into a ramen shop and eat a delicious treat. I think ramen is often best when already drunk, and though I had imbibed many a schochu I was able to take pictures and recall the ramen we ate at 俺流塩らーめん(Oreryushio Ramen). After doing some digging and asking a very helpful friend, I discovered (a) the name of the mysterious shop that I didn't remember because I was drunk and (b) that it is quite a famous shio (salt) ramen franchise. There were a plethora of menu options, but we all went with "New Taste Jukusei Ramen":

 It was hard to tell what that meant from the picture and the words that we could barely read but it looked fantastic. We hurdled ourselves into the shop with drunk appetites and took our seats at a booth. While we waited we inspected the condiments. We were being very loud and calling things ectoplasm and ghost beard, or was it dead man's beard (idek!). I am surprised they didn't kick us out!
Because of our tomfoolery and drunken state the condiments will remain unidentified until I return. Our ramen arrived and it looked excellent. To remain with our supernatural theme the shio broth was white as a ghost and we added ectoplasm and ghost beard heartily.
We hastily finished the ghost ramen and sat satisfied afterwards. What I noticed right away was the base, which had a kind of light creamy flavor. The egg wasn't anything special and though I can't be sure if it was because of the time of night, it was served pretty cold. My preference is always a warm egg. I thought they were slightly overcooked as well. The noodles were also really basic. Nothing really of note except for the base and the mystery condiments. So overall Oreyushio Shibuya gets a 4/5.

Links Links Links to their official website, tabelog, and a map!


No comments:

Post a Comment