Friday, February 19, 2016

瞠 恵比寿店 (Miharu Ebisu)

Ebisu is a stylish area within about a 15 minute walk to Shibuya. Going there for a day and wandering around window shopping is highly recommended. After a day of exploring you may be hungry and in the mood for ramen. I know I usually am! I was there just yesterday visiting with friend having a few beers at Yebisu Yokochu, a transformed enclosed alley featuring many smaller shops hocking beer, oden, yakitori and amongst other foods. We got there a little too early, but I would like to return when it is bustling with people! After the beer I wanted ramen so off we went to Miharu Ebisu. To keep in step with its trendy surroundings Miharu is a sleek shop with a wooden counter, jazz music, and limited toppings, which for some reason, include Tabasco sauce. Their staff, dressed in black is a little too serious for me, but I bought my ticket and took a seat. This is a fish based ramen and I chose the standard with an egg. However it seems that their most popular dish is their 油そば (fatty soba). I regret nothing! But if I return I would like to try this dish packed with toppings and noodles:


Out came my ramen as sleek as the shop itself. No bells and whistles here. Just nori, a thick slice of chashu, green onion, menma, and an egg:


This is the correct amount of menma, unless otherwise requested! Base was a nice, but fairly standard bonito, populated by firm noodles. There are no complaints, but no particular praises here at Miharu. Egg and chashu cooked perfectly but both cold. I tried the Tobasco, a first for me at a ramen shop, and it was interesting, but not something I would do on a regular basis. This is a solid bowl of ramen but not a spectacular one. I also felt like the staff was a little cold if not rude. Overall Miharu is a 3.5/5.

Tabelog, twitter, and as always a map!

No comments:

Post a Comment