Friday, April 15, 2016

流星軒 リュウセイケン (Ryuseutai Yoshinocho)

The blue line of Yokohama city has numerous ramen shops, and Yoshinocho station has two top rated shops nearby. I already visited Trick, so my next stop in this area was 流星軒 リュウセイケン (Ryuseutai). I was pleased to see shoyu offered so that I could continue my recent binge. I ordered the chashu premium and my friend ordered the shoyu premium. As was sat inside the cozy interior we were serenaded by some awesome old man rock. We had an open view to the kitchen so we watched our bowls being made:


Chashu roasted over an open flame is a first for me! Out came our bowls. Here's mine:


Topped with 2 kinds of chashu (one of which was roasted), an egg (ordered extra), negi, and nori. This is a fairly basic bowl of ramen, no bells or whistles here. The noodles stood out as a nice medium between thick and thin, soft and hard. Everything else was fairly basic. Not excellent, but not bad. After adding pepper the base was slightly elevated. I have had better eggs. Though it had a great smokey flavor from being roasted, I found the chashu to be slightly overcooked. Again, I have had better. So far the best shoyu ramen around Yokohama has been Raamen Dream! Ryuseutai gets a solid 4 for being good, but not great. 4/5





Map, twitter, annnnnnd tabelog!




No comments:

Post a Comment