Friday, May 6, 2016

もりの中華そば (Morinosoba Tsunashima)

This past week was Golden Week. For my friends unfamiliar with Japan, this is a few days in the beginning of May where everyone has off. Well, not quite everyone...hello ramen shops! This gave me a perfect opportunity to check out a place that is only open during lunch hours or until the soup runs out. Sure, I could go on the weekend, but the line was bad enough on a Thursday afternoon during Golden Week:


I had a lot of time to think about what to order, but decided on the 中華そば with an egg. This is just their special bowl of "Chinese Soba".


Pictured after I had taken a few tastes and opened the egg, this is Morinosoba's bowl of shoyu ramen. Topped with egg, negi, chashu, naruto, menma, and nori. Their highlight: the noodles which were the perfect balance between hard and soft while being wonderfully wavy. Morinodoba's chashu is fatty and tender and the egg was almost perfect, but nothing special. Their base is light, but also complex. I finished it all! This is a really nice bowl, but average. 4/5

Links to tabelog and their official site as well as the maaaaap!

No comments:

Post a Comment