Friday, May 20, 2016

ラーメン星印 (Ramen Stars Tammachi)

Luck is not always on my side as I have discovered with certain ramen shops. Twice in the past month I have had to adjust my plans and go to other shops because I did not arrive before their soup ran out. This happened to me in Tammachi recently when I was trying to go to SHIN. Alas, I had to walk down the street to my 2nd option ラーメン星印 (Ramen Stars). I entered to an interior completely covered in Eikichi Yazawa memorabilia. I was informed that he is the "Bruce Springsteen" of Japan:


While being serenaded I chose the Shio (salt flavor) from the menu on the counter and added an egg. From my vantage point I could watch the chef in action:


A minimal bowl topped with chashu, menma, thinly sliced negi, and a tastless green sprig (probably parsley). As you can see, for a shio it is quite oily. The stars of Ramen Stars were the chashu, which was a perfect soft fatty bite, and their noodles:


The egg, though warm, was slightly undercooked and for a shio it was far too oily. 3/5 Next time I return to Tammachi I am determined to try SHIN. So far this area’s true star is Ramen Dream!!


Tabelog, twitter, and a map!









No comments:

Post a Comment